Crisis Communications Manager
Central London or Singapore
If you can name a ship, it’s probably because it sank. We work to keep our clients’ vessels off the list of ships you’ve heard of.
Navigate Response, a Witt O’Brien’s company, is the strongest global crisis communications network specialising in the international shipping, port and offshore industries; headquartered in London, Houston and Singapore, we operate a global network of 47 offices in 31 countries around the world.
We provide expert advice, counsel and hands-on support at the scene of an incident, from our clients’ offices or from our offices to ensure that our clients’ side of the story is presented to the outside world in a coherent and professional manner. Preparation is key to successful crisis communications and we provide annual planning, testing, exercising and training services to all of our clients.
Based at our London or Singapore headquarters, you will be an integral part of the crisis communications team including managing initial responses and manning our incident line some evenings and weekends. You will coordinate emergency response drills using our in-house media and social media simulation platform, Triton, and will work with our senior trainers (and on your own) to provide high quality media response training to our clients at all levels. Day-to-day duties will include client liaison, internal and external comms advice and support, copywriting, media management, business development and much more.
• Excellent (and we do mean excellent) writer
• Confident and polished public speaker
• Knowledge of commercial shipping and/or crisis communications experience
• Experience delivering senior level media (or other relevant) training programmes
• Willing and able to travel internationally (sometimes on short notice)
• Highly organised with abundant common sense and the ability to muck-in and get the job done
• Work well under intense pressure and show initiative during slow periods
• Social media management and monitoring experience would be a significant asset
• Business development experience would be an asset
If you’d like to apply, please send us: 1. Two-page tailored CV, 2: One-page covering letter.
Please send your application to HRRecruitingTeam@WittObriens.com.